Today I’m going to test another action camera from china, which is called SJCAM SJ6 Legend. It’s a long name. Let’s see together.
The SJ6 adopts Novatek 96660 processor we get a CMOS Panasonic image sensor with F 2.5 and a field of view of 166 degrees. On top of the camera, we even have a touchscreen on the back of the camera, which is something we’ve seen for the gopro 5. But keep in mind that 4K recordings are actually interpolated recording, so in reality our only recording at 2K, so this is something you should always keep in mind, don’t expect too much for a camera of this price even the brand is pretty popular.
- Novatek NT96660chipset
- 16mp Panasonic Sensor
- Video resolutions: 4K 24fps; 2K 30fps; 1080P 60/50/30/25fps; 720P 120/60/30fps; 420P 240fps
- 2″ LCD touchscreen + 0.96″ front screen
- EXTERNAL MIC
- Image Stabilization
- 166°wide angle lens
- 900mAh battery for 70 minutes of 4K at 24fps
- Memory up to 128G with class10 micro SD card
The SJ6 camera adopts double screen design that has the touch screen on the back as well as a status screen on the front. I love the touch screen, it’s very convenient and easy to use, just as using a phone. But don’t know whether the touchscreen is waterproof, I’ll test it later.
What In The Box
What makes me feel warm is there’re so many accessories that we can use in many ways and places, we can find the following accessories:
- 30m waterproof housing
- Quick Release Buckle, Vertical Quick Release J-Hook Buckle;
- Handlebar Seat post Mount
- Curved & Flat Adhesive Mount
- 3-Way Pivot Arm Mount
- Universal 1/4″ Camera Tripod Mount
- 900 mAh battery
- Mini USB cable
- Cleaning Cloth & double SJCAM stickers
- 2 x 3M Adhesive Tape
- Frame Mount, Quick Release Clip for The Frame
- Tripod Mount Adapter
Video Test Clips
Let’s watch the video clips together and you’ll know the image quality, actually, in my opinion, it’s pretty decent for a $149 camera.
Time Lapse Video:0