There are so many different action cameras in the market and these years all kinds of Chinese brands flood the market and start strong competition. Some of them are very expensive, and some are super cheap. Choosing the best action camera for your needs is not as easy at all. Today I would like to review The DBPOWER EX5000 action camera.
The DBPOWER EX5000 is small and compact. It’s also lightweight so you can easily take it with you anywhere. If you mount it on your helmet – you won’t even feel it is there ! It amazes me that a camera this small and light records amazingly well. The build quality by the way is really good as well. The camera feels solid and it’s pretty tough actually.
- Full HD 1080P & 14MP
- Pansonic CMOS sensor
- 2 inch LCD Display Screen
- Ultra 170° Wide-Angle Lens with F2.0 aperture
- 100 Feet (30m) Waterproof
- Support up to 32GB memory card
- Built-In WIFI
- 2 rechargeable 900mAh batteries
- 16 fascinating accessories The camera is extremely easy to “sync” with phone and use with WiFi, but I couldn’t get the WiFi to work with my computer. I’m not sure that functionality exists, because they only have an iOS and Android app for using the camera, however, I was able to successfully connect it with USB to transfer photos and videos. It will also double as a webcam on your computer.
There are LOTS of settings that is included on this camera. You can change the resolution, time-lapse, capture mode, cyclic record mode, HDR settings, motion detection settings, date stamp, image size, quality, sharpness, white balance, color, ISO, exposure, anti-shake, language, auto power-off, TV mode, screensavers, frequency, rotation, car mode, wifi SSID and wifi password. You can take videos as well as photos with it. There’s also a built-in fisheye lens, so it makes taking videos at wide angles pretty easy.
Video Quality Here is the video that took in the pool. I’ll have to say I was a little nervous about how this would hold up. But it worked great, waterproof as promised.
Using the included bicycle mount I attached the DBPower to my son’s bike and let him take it for a spin. Again everything worked really well.
All in all, the DBPower EX5000 Action Camera gives you a high quality HD video camera without the GoPro price tag. It comes plenty of attachments, WiFi capability, and a spare battery. Perfect for any activity that you want to capture. While the interface may not be the easiest and you may have issues setting it up, it still shoots good quality video and at a great price.