Another cheap action camera brand here! Seems there’re so many cheap “gopros”. Today we will be taking a look at the SOOCOO C30R action camera, to see if a budget action camera’s 4K capabilities are any good.
- HD video recording: Support 4K 24fps/2K 30fps/1080P 60fps
- 12MP photos
- 2.0-INCH HD DISPLAY
- 70-170 degrees adjustable + HD wide-angle Lens
- 100 Feet Waterproof
- 2 Rechargeable 1350mAh Batteries
- WIRELESS WRIST REMOTE CONTROL
- WIFI & APP Control
- Micro SD card with the storage at least 8G and at most 128G
- Various accessories
I’m not sure the quality of the 1080 videos from this are better than the SJ4000 but I think at least equal. The 4k is also good even though it’s shot at 24p so movement might appear a little jerky. I generally only use 4K if I think I may want to save a still from the video or crop it.
4K test video:
2K test video:
What I like
- Tiny and portable
- The 2.4G wireless remote control is very handy
- A lot of accessories included so I can use in many ways
- Able to change the wide angle view is awesome, Sometimes I do need fisheye to capture a full softball field from foul pole to foul pole from behind home plate. When I use the camera to capture an individual subject up close, I don’t want that super-wide angle.
- The 4K video and image looks work good
What I don’t Like
- I don’t like the battery door but all these types of cameras seem to have the same weakness.
- It comes with 2 batteries but they barely last 30 minutes each and take a long time to charge.
- Recording in low light or at night is grainy. I even tried the “night mode” and it was not any better.
- I can’t determine what cases will fit this camera. It came with a nice one, but I need an extra due to mods that I’m making.
The SooCoo C30R action camera represents one of the best cost versus performance ratios currently available on the market and has excellent value. I would recommend it to those who want a cheap action cam as it has all the necessary features. My only complaints surround the user interface and a little problem with the color in direct sunlight. Overall, though this camera is not perfect, it is a great deal.0